- Leverage your time! Agents do so many things. Simply stated - there’s not enough time! Aligning yourself with a brokerage that understands that you need help is paramount to gaining some back.
- Learn how to invest & create wealth for yourself! Agents tend to look at their real estate careers as a service to others. While this is true, they forget that they are now INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS and masters of THEIR BUSINESS. If you don’t approach it as a business from the beginning and lay a solid foundation for that business it becomes a recipe for failure.
- Teach others how to invest & create wealth. Yes! Be THAT agent, The one that investors want to talk to, the one your clients think highly of because of your wealth-building strategies, the one that never gets asked ‘will you cut your commission’ - THAT agent! The one YOU wish you had!
- Dominate your neighborhood thru FREE digital marketing! While others send postcards and letters to their neighborhood you can be saving your money and doing it for FREE. How? Only the best brokerages committed to your professional growth will share that secret. Go find that brokerage! (Hint: you're on their page!)
- Know how to use SIMPLE Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Have you noticed how many different apps, programs and sites are thrown at you every day as a real estate professional? Seems like new ones pop up every day claiming to be bigger, stronger, faster, better. Then once you purchase one you spend hours, days or weeks trying to fine tune what works or just figuring it all out. It shouldn’t be that hard! One simple CRM tool designed to be easily integrated should be the goal. If you can find one that already has systems in place for today’s marketing tools than you’re set! Stop using complicated systems.
- Use more videos to increase your conversion rates. Don’t cringe! Strategic videos with scripts that work can help you turn a text into a client. Folks prefer and enjoy watching a video of a friendly face, It helps them get comfortable with you.
- Work those rental leads! They’re GOLDEN! Some agents may say, ‘There’s not enough money” but with the right system you can turn rental leads to a $200/day income which becomes a of prospective buyers, which becomes a of constant referrals because you helped them when no one else would and THEN they turn into listings when they want to move up. Here’s a simple formula to follow: $200/day x 5 = $1,000 x 4 weeks in a month = $4,000/Month = $48,000/Year. Not too shabby for a new agent. This is a very PESSIMISTIC figure. You see there are programs that will allow you to turn these into immediate sales even when they’re just leasing! If you don’t know how to incorporate this into your business you’re missing out BIG! This isn't even taking into account that renters become buyers, buyer become listings in the future and that THESE become the foundation for your REAL ESTATE BUSINESS.
- Go corporate! Corporate clients are volume clients! But you need experience, structure and processes to handle the volume. Once you have your business structure running like a fine-tuned machine you can easily talk at their level and know what will get their attention. You must know how to speak real estate math - ROIs, capital gains, deferred income and so on.
- Leverage advertising costs. Advertising can be the deciding factor in making a profit or closing a door. There must be a fine balance. Institutional advertising is a must and should be done consistently. Align yourself with an affiliate partner that will help offset costs. Word to the weary – there’s no affiliate the will participate with you if you’re not producing enough leads and business for yourself. So, make every attempt to align yourself with the correct affiliates to help each other succeed.
- Beware 100% commission brokerage structures. These fellas are just playing the numbers and are hoping you’re going to trip over business so that they’ll get a ‘cut’ from that. Remember the saying, ‘You get what you pay for’? - that’s never been truer in real estate.
If You’re Serious About Your Profession, We’re Serious About Your Success!
For more information on our brokerage or a confidential interview please contact:
Angie Borrás, GRI, CDEI
(210) 823-4560 - Direct
Copyright 2017 - Houses In San Antonio, Ltd.