Tips & Tricks
Clean your home with these 5 all-natural baking soda solutions. When it comes to an all-natural cleaner that cuts through grease and grime, baking soda is a total rock star. Get your home sparkling from top to bottom with these quick and effective tips.
1. Unclog Slow Drains Pour a cup of baking soda into the drain, then heat up a cup of vinegar and pour it on top of the baking soda. After approximately 10 minutes, flush with a pot of boiling water. (Don't use this solution on a clogged drain.)
2. Scour a Ceramic Stovetop Baked-on food residue tends to build up on cooktops no matter how hard you try to keep them clean. Luckily, a paste of warm water and baking soda spooned onto the surface will help loosen the residue. Let it sit for several minutes, then scrub to remove the gunk. Finish by spritzing with glass cleaner, then wipe dry.
3. Clean Toilets You’ll need a 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup of borax and 1 cup of vinegar. Pour the vinegar onto the toilet stains, then sprinkle with the baking soda/borax mixture. Let it sit for about 20 minutes, then scrub and flush.
4. Microwave Cleaner Help remove stuck-on food by applying baking soda to a damp sponge and scrubbing residue.
5. Shower Curtain Cleaner Are you cleaning your shower curtain enough? It’s easy! Sprinkle baking soda on a damp sponge, scrub curtain and rinse off with clean water.